I was in Fort Lee, Virginia in 1983 when I was in the Army Reserve. I was there for Subsistence Supply training. I was to become a supply clerk. That was my military job aka MOS. All the tests were open book.
Most troops went to school from 8 a.m. to Noon. The rest of the day the soldiers were off.
Bravo Company was not off until 8:00 pm. 10:00 pm was when WE hit the sack.
I was a member of Bravo Company. WE were hardcore. That is something I discovered. WE went to school from 8:00 a.m. till Noon. WE would have lunch.
WE did drill and ceremony for 2 hours or so. WE focused on DNC.
After DNC WE had physical training.
WE were told Bravo Company was the post commander's first command. He wanted Bravo to always win the post DNC competition.
That year WE won.

No comments:
Post a Comment